Situated at the southwest of Fontanars dels Alforins, Cals Pins/ Casa los Pinos is a heritage with more than 200 years of history. On some of the plots on the Estate, vines were planted yet in the beginning of the 17th Century. The founder, Vicente Puig i Cubelles (1761-1819) was a member of the aristocracy of Villa de Ontinyent. The Puig family were the owners of this property till the beginning of the 20th Century.
Cals Pins grows up in the transformation of the Agriculture in Valencia in the 18th Century. In this period of time the agricultural cultivation grows quickly. Therefore we have some certifications that prove that in 1793 most of the till then not cultivated soils, were planted with vines. The Manor House is the result off the efforts of Vicente Puig, creating an estate specialised on the viticulture production and it dates from the last decade of the 18th Century. At this time Cals Pins yet counts with about 60.000 vines. From 1839 on the economy in Valencia was reactivated and growing very quickly. In Els Alforins this was specially noted by the new expansion of cultivation and also in Cals Pins in 1859 we could count yet 88.000 vines and 90.000 in 1862.
In 1870 because of the filoxera on the French vineyards, the Wine production in South Europe gets an impulse. This situation inspired the owner of Cals Pins and other Wine producers in Valencia to sell their wines to new markets that the French producers could not supply, and obviously they had success. Finally in 1906 Filoxera also arrived to “La Vall d’Albaida and had some devastating effects. But Rafael Puig went on with the elaboration of Wine. In 1909 he won a silver medal at a regional Trade Exhibition in Valencia and in 1910 actually a Bronze Medal at the Trade Exhibition “Universelle de Bruxelles” in Belgium. So he already takes part at this time on international exhibitions.
The mechanization of the agriculture in 1960 and the entry to the European Union in 1986 brought new rules and standards of quality into the traditional winegrowing. Most of the winegrowing farms had to choose between renovation and disappearing. At Cals Pins they decided to build up the new winery separated from the Manor house. In 1990 the company Pinos A.G. acquires the property and implant a new management and cultivation system. The planting mode is reconverted and the production of ecological grapes is started ES-ECO-020-CV and UE Agriculture. So the first ecological Winery in the Region Valencia was build up. Years after that, the Commission for ecological farming is registered. In 2007 the Ferri Family acquires the property and incorporates Kike Francisco as a partner. They renovate the old cellar, use new technologies and maintain the ecological standards elaborating singular wines, without added sulphites at this historic location and soils with a viticulture tradition of over 380 years.